Knowledge of Sleep
Sealy Invites You to Pay Attention to Your Sleeping Health
According to the research, it is beneficial to personal health to change your daily using articles as per the following frequencies, which of the following items can you achieve?
You change your underwear every day.
You clean your razor blade every 5 weeks.
You clean the filter mesh every 6 weeks.
You change your used mascara every 3 months.
You change contact lens cleaning fluid every 3 months.
You change the towel and toothbrush every 4 months.
You change the eye shadow every 6 months.
You change your pillow every year.
You change the filter type water dispenser every 6 years.
If you choose 6 items or more from the above questions, it means you have a good living habit.
While the data shows that mattress is one of the numerous daily using articles that are most likely to breed bacteria and mites and also produce mildew.
Then, how long ago did you change your mattress?
Mattress also has the “seven-year itch” …
Passion tends to fade away with time passing by and emotions experience the “seven-year itch”.
Hardly imagine that sleep will encounter the “seven-year itch” due to mattress wear-out from long time use.
Although the average service life of a high quality mattress is nine to ten years, shall we pursue the “superior” sleeping experience as possible as on the premise of “quality guarantee”?
The service life of a car can be eight years, ten years or even longer, while I am sure all car owners have the experience that minor defects of cars emerge continuously with the time passing by if with little maintenance.
The same as mattress. Wear-out comes from usage. People’s body shape and sleeping habit will definitely change as compared with several years ago as time goes by, which leads to the gap between body and bed, so that the spine of human body in bending condition would be lack of effective support, which brings down the comfort correspondingly, the unavoidable accumulation of bacteria and sweat stain on the mattress over the years even would make things worse, so one can imagine the sleep quality. The health problems arising from declining sleep quality and abnormal bending of spine will come one after another.
Why do Americans change the mattress every three to five years on average? According to the research conducted by Oklahoma State University of U.S., the majorities of people who change mattress every five years have higher sleep quality than before, with fewer back pains.
It is Time to Say Goodbye to the “Seven Year Itch” of Sleep
Please carefully check your mattress to see if there is any of the following:
When you turn over on bed, does the mattress make the sound of “crunch, crunch”?
When you impose the same pressure on the mattress, are there any places with obvious dents?
When you sit at the edge of bed, do you feel yourself slide down constantly?
When you lie down, do you feel any gap between your waist and bed or your hips stuck into the mattress?
When you lie on the side, ask your family member to check whether your neck to the whole spine is in a straight line?
When you lie on the side, is there any stress at your shoulders and hips?
If you can find out all these problems……
Then you should consider to change your mattress for the sake of your sleeping quality！
Change for a High Quality Mattress and Enjoy a Good Night’s Sleep
You know a good mattress can not only reduce your tiredness and pressure after one day’s work, but also take good care of your spinal and bone health to get rid of muscular stiffness and be in high spirit after waking up the next morning.
A professional mattress must integrate comfort, support and durability
High Quality Mattress
High quality mattress can comply with human body and provide balanced support by means of its design and comfort layer with superior materials, thus bring more comfortable sleep. The correct support during sleep makes the human spine achieve the ideal and natural “S” shape, effectively eliminates pressure points, especially at the shoulders and hips, alleviates vascular compression and numbness due to pressure, thus fundamentally reduces tossing, turning and turning-over adjustment at night.
In order to improve people’s sleeping quality, Sealy has developed the patent coil design of Posture Tech, which can sense the pressure of different parts of human body and make the corresponding adjustment of support so that the spine is in the most correct state. The body lying down from vertical posture is just like rotating the skeleton for 90 degrees and putting the skeleton on bed, with the shape of skeleton unchanged, showing the perfect sleeping posture. In addition, Sealy mattress’s design specially stresses the support for shoulders, waist, hips and legs, keeping the spine straight, relaxing muscles all over the body and attaining smooth blood circulation. You will certainly be energetic after sleeping on such a good bed.
Sleep Time Accounts for One Third of Our Life
The Correct Posture in Sleep Is Particularly Important
Wrong Postures lead Body Health Status into Vicious Cycle
Spinal Disease – Improper Sleeping Postures – Posture Syndrome – Ineffective Rest
Q&A of mattress selection
Q1: What kind of bed is suitable for me?
A: That’s a good question. It varies from person to person. The selection of bed depends on your body type, weight, disease and special needs, with the purpose of supporting the spine, relaxing muscles and guaranteeing sleep quality. Choice of mattress is based on the following three requirements:
1. Support the spine: the horizontal position can keep the spine at the anatomy gesture and maintain the four physiological curvatures of neck anteflexion, chest retroflexion, waist anteflxion and mild backward pelvis?. The lateral position can keep the spinal projection line parallel to horizontal plane. In case of any spinal problem, check whether the projection lines of the spine in horizontal position and lateral position are horizontal.
2. Relax muscles: it’s your intuitive feeling that your body can relax completely after making deep inhale and exhale, without any discomfort for all joints, whether horizontal or lateral position. Many early spinal problems arise from muscle imbalance and the relaxation of muscular system is particularly important in modern office crowd. The bed can effectively alleviate the pressure of intervertebral disc and reduce the chance of neck and waist pain.
3. Guarantee sleep quality: which can be achieved on the basis of the above two items. Except for the influence of bed, sleep quality has much to do with one’s own emotion and stress, and we can even write a book if we dwell on that point (just a joke :))
Q2: What kind of bed is suitable for kids, pregnant women and old people respectively?
A: They are the three groups of people with special needs.
1. To begin with the bed of pregnant women: the foremost issue for pregnant women is how to maintain the healthy sleeping position. Curvature changes occur to spine, with increased pressure on front lumbar and pelvic tilt angle. If the pregnant woman happens to have the habit of wearing high-heeled shoes for long before pregnancy, there will be greater changes for the pressure environment of waist. The maintenance of posture relies on pillows of various shapes. So expectant mothers should select pillows of special designs, such as long strip and bean shape, or select the combination of pillows around the body to maintain posture.
2. The bed of old people: it is rather difficult to select bed for the old people and we can’t simply sum up in a word. The chronic diseases and life and vocational habits of old people make them form the special posture. The selection of bed mainly focuses on comfort, instead of correction.
3. The bed of kids: kids have strong malleability, which means their parents will become the chief culprits of kids’ physical appearance in case of any wrong selection of bed. Kids’ bed must satisfy all the conditions of the first question and the selection of only hard bed or soft bed is not enough for kids. You must choose a bed for kids to prevent such poor postures as chest backward, humpback and side bend for kids’ spine, which is quite conducive to the spinal health from the perspective of ergonomics, though sometimes kids may feel uncomfortable on such bed. What’s more, kids’ bed should be matched with pillow.
Q3: Many Chinese people think that hard bed is good for spine, is that correct?
A: The answer is as same as the first question. Hard bed can neither solve all the problems nor provide the basic needs for muscles relaxation. So the bed that only meets the need of support can never be a good one, and it makes you feel you are sleeping on the floor. What do you think of if you sleep on the floor for quite a long time?